All About Coquitlam Cohousing, presentation at Coquitlam Library
Sept. 10 2022. 3:00 pm PT | Vancouver, BC
Check out Coquitlam Cohousing!
Saturday, September 10 at 3pm, we will meet at the Coquitlam Library for a presentation and discussion for ideas for creating cohousing in Coquitlam/Port Moody. RSVP for the presentation at https://calendly.com/amistocoho/cc-presentation
Tour a cohousing to see how architecture can support an intentional community. Cohousing offers much more community than other stratas.
- You not only greet your neighbours, you know your neighbours.
- Together, you create a true community with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- From the energy of youth to the wisdom of elders, everyone is enriched.
- Village living in the 21st century
- Large Common House for entertaining, community dinners, events and personal growth activities.
- Ageing in place with people of all ages.
- Families have more connection and support.
- Enhances physical, mental and social health.
- A better way of life, created in Europe, recreated for BC
Early participation in a cohousing project will secure your choice of apartment within the complex, and you’ll have input into the standard floor plans and character of the community. Most importantly, you’ll develop lifelong relationships with other people who want to live in a friendly and active place, and feel the connection and security of trustworthy and caring neighbours. Cohousing communities thrive with shared meals a few times per week, which reliably transforms into regular celebrations, activities and outings for the community.
Cohousings will have typical owned apartments that have all the same amenities including a kitchen, living room, dining room, bathrooms, laundry, and bedrooms. The difference is in the architecture and more common space that enables more interaction between neighbours, as well as an intentional community aspect that attracts like minded people to live near each other. The privacy you need with the level of community that you choose.
We would love the opportunity to talk to you more about cohousing, and answer some of your questions. We trust that support will appear for this project, and that each household or individual will participate on a timeframe that works for them.
We have information about us online, and are available for contact by phone and email, at in-person presentations, in scheduled zoom presentations, and cohousing tours.
We have found a great location to establish Coquitlam Cohousing, and are looking for members to help buy the land and proceed with development. We started Vancouver Cohousing in 2014, which now has hundreds of people on the waiting list. Coquitlam Cohousing will be another cohousing option for folks in the Vancouver area, in a beautiful neighbourhood, walkable to skytrain, shopping, parks and schools.
This will be a multi-generational community, welcoming members of all ages, and intentionally designed to promote interaction among neighbours. We are especially interested in welcoming young families to our community. We believe that both children and adults thrive and benefit when all ages live in community.
Members joining now will be influential in shaping the culture of our community and experience the excitement of seeing the community being built. Our common denominator is that we all share a desire to live in a neighbourhood that fosters an active and supportive community lifestyle. We plan to share and enjoy many meals together in our common house.
- September 10, 3 pm at Coquitlam library, 1169 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam, BC
- RSVP to https://calendly.com/amistocoho/cc-presentation
Tours this weekend include
- Sep 10, 11am – Driftwood Cohousing, North Vancouver https://calendly.com/amistocoho/driftwood
- Sep 10, 12:30pm – Little Mountain Cohousing, Vancouver https://calendly.com/amistocoho/lmc
- Sep 11, noon – Belterra Cohousing, Bowen Island https://calendly.com/amistocoho/belterra
Other events are:
- Sep 10, 3pm – All About Cohousing presentation at library https://calendly.com/amistocoho/cc-presentation
- Sunday at 4pm and some Tuesdays at 5pm – All About Cohousing zoom calls https://calendly.com/amistocoho/coho-zoom